Sheffield University Canoe Club is one of the biggest sports clubs in the university and you can join whenever in the year you like! We’re a very active club and everyone is welcome, whether you’re a seasoned canoeist or have never sat in a kayak before, You don’t even need your own equipment!
Membership for the year is £25 (for the first two and a half weeks, going up to £30) and this includes all equipment, insurance and a free Canoe Club t-shirt!
We run loads of trips all over the UK, from beginners trips at the start of the academic year with trips to the lake district, a long weekend surfing in wales and more advanced trips as you progress- all run under the guidance of our experienced leaders. There are opportunities to paddle down white water rapids, surf ocean waves, beat Sheffield Hallam at Canoe Polo and even go abroad.
Every week of the academic year we have a range of sessions to come along to, including social sessions, pool sessions, lake sessions & Fitness sessions. See our Facebook Group for more information.
Joining the Club
Club membership is managed via the sport sheffield website, sport-sheffield.com.
To become a member of the club:
- Go to https://www.sport-sheffield.com/online/memberships/clubs
- Log in to your sport-sheffield account (via Muse if you are a student, otherwise register via email).
- Confirm your registration details each time you log in (because you have to)
- Go back to https://www.sport-sheffield.com/online/memberships/clubs as the sport-sheffield website takes you to the wrong page.
- Select "Canoe Club Joining Fee"
- Follow the various steps required to join the club, eventually adding the item to your basket and proceeding to the checkout.
- If no link to the basket is visible, go to https://www.sport-sheffield.com/online/checkout and complete the checkout process
- You should now be a fully paid up member of the club!